Thunderbird is a Sub-Boss in the Tower of Ruin. It circles around the room, and periodically charges the area around itself with an electric shield that blocks attacks. If Lemeza is knocked down into (D-5), Thunderbird will reform and start again with full health.
- Location: Tower of Ruin D-4
- Unlocks: access to (C-4)
- Thunderbird will fire three lightning bolts, aimed at Lemeza
- Thunderbird will deviate from its circling pattern and fly straight toward Lemeza
Body, when not surrounded by blue electricity
- Get the Silver Shield to block lightning shots.
- Quickly kill the Salamanders and move to the top of the screen.
- Avoid Thunderbird's circling pattern by standing on the central pillar.
- When Thunderbird flies at you, dodge onto the top-right platform.
- Staying on top of the central pillar or in the top-right platform helps keep from falling down into (D-5).
- When Thunderbird's lightning shield goes away, attack it with your Flail Whip or any Sub-Weapons you can hit it with.
- You can preempt Thunderbird if you enter the room from the upper right (E-4).
- you should be able to hit Thunderbird a few times before it electrify.
- if you can keep close to it by taking some small leaps from the edge, you can hit Thunderbird with Axe+randc.exe+mekuri.exe 4 times, just enough to kill Thunderbird and leap-grap the drops
- this is a relatively safe approach as you don't risk facing the electrified Thunderbird.
- if you failed insta-killing, just drop down to C-5, safely go up to E-4 and retry.