A beast belonging to Marduk, the most powerful god in Babylonian mythology.
Originally born of primordial goddess Tiamat.
--Spring in the Sky (D-2) mural
The angry snake, Mushussu,
child of Tiamat, is the strongest demon.
It stands protected, among these four pillars,
the giant lion Ugallu, the poisonous snake Ushum,
the rabid dog Urmahlullu, and the storm demon Umu Dabrutu.
Awaken the deceased souls in this order:
voice, tail, body, and wings.
--Tower of Ruin (G-1) snapshot
Ugallu's body, Urmahlullu's voice, Umu Dabrutu's wings, and Ushum's tail. Together they form Mushussu.
--Shrine of the Mother (A-3) Tablet
Turn left and swing your weapon. Turn right and swing your weapon. The souls of the children long-departed shall be awakened.
--Inferno Cavern (F-2) Tablet
Stand in front of 4 specific parts of the background and swing your weapon left once then right once. When done correctly, a small glowing image will appear in the background of each room. They can only be activated after the Sub-Bosses in each room have been killed and if a mistake is made you'll have to start again from the beginning. The order is given in Tablet hints throughout the Dimensional Corridor.
In the following order:
- A-4, in front of the statue in the middle of the room.
- D-5, in the middle of the room.
- C-4, in front of the statue in the middle of the room.
- D-3, in front of the glowing spiral design in the middle of the room.
- Mushussu steps forward, slightly restricting Lemeza's movement. It may also step backwards.
- It rears up and fires a green beam of energy in a sweeping motion from horizontal to directly down.
- This can be avoided by standing under where its front paws were.
- It spews fire all over the ground.
- Mušḫuššu was a mythological hybrid, a scaly dragon with hind legs like an eagle's talons and feline forelegs, a long neck and tail, a horned head, a snakelike tongue and a crest. Wikipedia